This recipe is a two-for-one deal—you’ll get a delicious plum spread that you can use to top baked goods or stir into yogurt, as well as a syrup that’s great stirred into drinks—both mocktails AND cocktails!
It’s crazy easy to make, and how about that color, huh? Gorgeous.
Hope you find lots of fun ways to use this!
Plum Spread and Syrup
Yeilds: approximately 1/3 cup plum spread and 1/3 cup plum syrup
Ready in: 30 min (+ 30 minutes to cool in refrigerator)
1 large plum
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cut plum into quarters, removing the pit.
- In a small saucepan on high heat, add 2 tablespoons sugar, plum slices, and 1/2 cup of water. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until plum is very soft.
- Use a strainer to separate the resulting syrup from the plum pulp. (Press plum pulp into strainer until all syrup has poured out.)
- Stir 2 teaspoons of sugar with the plum pulp (or, to taste).
- Both can be refrigerated, covered, for a week or so.
Anyone in the mood for biscuits? Get my Grain-Free Biscuit Recipe!