Lucky number three! Today’s cashew cream cheese recipe is the melting of two ingredients with the prettiest of colors—they also incorporate their color into their names: blueberries and lavender.
The appeal of blueberries is—well—doesn’t really require any explanation. I mean, they’re blueberries. They’re pure YUM. But, as far as lavender goes, I haven’t experimented a ton with it, so I wasn’t sure how this recipe would go. But, when I took my first taste, I couldn’t have been happier. There’s just a hint of lavender, and it brings a nice warmth to the overall flavor, mellowing out the sweetness of the blueberries a little.
In addition to bagels, this stuff is amazing on pancakes, topped with a drizzle of maple syrup. Why not try both!
Hope you enjoy it!
Blueberry Lavender Cashew Cream Cheese
Prep time: 10 min | Ready in time: 2 hours, 10 min
Yields: About 3 cups
2 cups cashews
2 cups blueberries
2 teaspoons lavender
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
1 to 1-1/2 cups non-dairy milk (i.e. almond, hemp, coconut, etc.)
- Soak cashews in water for 1 to 2 hours, drain.
- Crush blueberries in a small bowl with the back of a fork.
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind lavender down a bit.
- In a blender, process soaked cashews, honey, salt, and some of the non-dairy milk—start with about 2/3 of a cup, then add as needed. You’ll want to use as little liquid as possible, just enough to get the ingredients to blend well.
- Pour blended cashew cream into a bowl using a rubber spatula to get it all out, then stir in the lavender and blueberries.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least two hours until it thickens up.
NOTE: This recipe makes quite a bit, so you’re welcome to half it. Though, unless you have a very powerful blender, I’ve found it’s a little harder to blend just one cup of cashews at a time. You may be able to pull it off, but I just wanted to give you a heads up about that little issue.
Also, try one of the other three flavors…
Pingback: Lavender-Blueberry Marshmallows | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Gluten-Free Crepes | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Hawkcakes with Blueberry Syrup | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Grain-Free Secret Spinach Pancakes | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Cashew Cream Cheese Four Ways | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Orange Currant Cashew Cream Cheese | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Cinnamon Raisin Cashew Cream Cheese | Pine and Crave
Pingback: Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cashew Cream Cheese | Pine and Crave