It seriously feels like summer in Seattle right now, and it’s not even June! Usually summer doesn’t start until July 5th—literally the day after the 4th, when it usually rains–but, not this year. No, sir.
And when it feels like summer, I feel all the tropical vibes. Like the coconut, and the pineapple…and more of the coconut. Let’s just throw some in some kiwi, bananas, and oranges in there, too. And some raspberries for a pop of color.
Whip this fruit salad up for a brunch or evening BBQ—ooh, Memorial Day Weekend is coming up! I didn’t even plan that. I love it when that happens.
Fruit Salad with Coconut Dressing
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 1 min | Ready in: 2 hours
Serves 4 to 6
1-1/2 cups raspberries
1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup coconut flakes
- Soak cashews in water for 1-2 hours, drain.
- Peel and chop up all that beautiful fruit.
- In a blender, process cashews, raw honey, coconut oil, and coconut milk until smooth. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Spread out flaked coconut on a cookie sheet and place on the top shelf under the oven’s broiler. Toast until light brown. Make sure you stand there and watch with the oven door ajar–it only took mine about ten seconds to brown. Allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Toss chopped fruit with dressing and sprinkle with toasted coconut.