I’ve been eating this recipe at least twice a week for about the last month. And for good reason—or reasons: it’s super easy, ready in a flash, and sooo good! Sautéed broccolini gets tossed with toasted pine nuts, garbanzo beans, and pesto—healthy and filling!
It’s actually in my fridge right this second, ready to be gobbled up for lunch. This pasta dish can be eaten hot or cold, which makes it a great meal to bridge the gap from winter into spring. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll be wanting to make it consistently for that entire length of time.
Broccolini Pesto Pasta
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Ready in: 15 min
Servings: 2 to 3
- 4 ounces pasta of your choice (I’m loving penne and bow tie right now, and I use Jovial gluten free pastas)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 14-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup vegan pesto (or regular pesto—totally your call!)
- salt, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to the box’s directions.
- Chop broccolini into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, toast pine nuts until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chopped broccolini and garbanzo beans. Cook, stirring constantly until broccolini softens a little. I like to just barely cook it to keep it crisp, so I really only cook for a minute or two, but you’re welcome to cook it a bit longer.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked broccolini, garbanzo beans, toasted pine nuts, pesto, and pasta. Add salt to taste—I’m obsessed with Maldon sea salt flakes and like toss about a teaspoon in—then serve!